Saturday banquet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday banquet

I haven't seen mention of the Saturday banquet. Are we on again this year?
    Leo
    1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
    1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
    New York AutoFest show schedule

There will be no official 'banquet' this year.

We are hoping to substitute a group dinner similar to our typical Friday evenings.
    JP

Comment

It's the best part of the weekend. The food was great, hanging out with the LOD people, and enjoying BADSAX making beautiful music, was fantastic. So I guess, no raffle, or awards, or fun. The "official Banquet" was my highlight of last years show.
      Last edited by ONLYTONY; 05-16-2018, 01:09 PM.
      94 MK VIII
      95 MK VIII
      98 MK VIII CE # 87
      04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Well that's a bummer, it improved over the last few years. Anyway, there are lots of choices around town, I hear there's a new BBQ place next door to Market Cross Pub. In any case, if this is what's happening a place needs to be chosen and reservations made.

By the way,what's with all the little boxes with ?? in them under our names?
        Leo
        1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
        1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
        New York AutoFest show schedule

Comment

Originally posted by ONLYTONY View Post
          So I guess, no raffle, or awards, or fun.
          I wouldn't necessarily go that far...

JP

Comment

Originally posted by LeoC2 View Post
            Well that's a bummer, it improved over the last few years.
            The problem is the costs kept escalating while everything else went down. The event used to make a few bucks for the club but quickly turned into a cash drain. Once new hotel management came along, it simply became prohibitively expensive and the costs were non-negotiable for all intents and purposes.

Originally posted by LeoC2 View Post
            By the way,what's with all the little boxes with ?? in them under our names?
            I believe they are a placeholder for the user's "reputation". It is one of a myriad of little details that will need to be addressed with the new software.

JP

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guessed it was about the $$, just like everything else, they all want more.
              94 MK VIII
              95 MK VIII
              98 MK VIII CE # 87
              04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by driller View Post
                There will be no official 'banquet' this year.

We are hoping to substitute a group dinner similar to our typical Friday evenings.
                John,
                We're doing FRIDAYS on Saturday at 6:00 pm with maybe a dozen people. It's our normal dinner. If you Guys choose to do this also, I suggest making the reservation Friday.
                "They're only factory original once."
                ALL PRE 1990 LINCOLN MARK VIIS SHOULD HAVE THEIR FACTORY IGNITION SWITCHES REPLACED
                sigpic
                - © The Lincoln Mark VII Club

Comment

Working...
                X