Gone to the Dark Side

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
I've given it up for something new. Since I've owned my first one, I always was faithful to the brand. But I was recently tempted and yielded to the 'other brand'.

It's not what you may think. :p

As of today, I now have the iPhone4. :D

The company IT department received 5 of them today, 4 were already spoken for and the boss said to give me the remaining one.

I have always been a BlackBerry fan, and frankly, if it were my personal choice for business use, I think the BB is a better fit.

But since I have acclimated to the iPad, adjusting to the new iPhone was pretty easy. If I have any complaint it is I find it clumsier to type. But the screen is very good and the feel is quite industrial strength. The camera seems top notch, but I've yet to take any low light pics. Also, my initial impression of battery life is not so good, but that may have something to do with the constant use it received since it was put on my desk today, LOL. :D

Next thing you know, I'll be getting a Mac. :p

I've given it up for something new. Since I've owned my first one, I always was faithful to the brand. But I was recently tempted and yielded to the 'other brand'.

It's not what you may think. :p

As of today, I now have the iPhone4. :D

The company IT department received 5 of them today, 4 were already spoken for and the boss said to give me the remaining one.

I have always been a BlackBerry fan, and frankly, if it were my personal choice for business use, I think the BB is a better fit.

But since I have acclimated to the iPad, adjusting to the new iPhone was pretty easy. If I have any complaint it is I find it clumsier to type. But the screen is very good and the feel is quite industrial strength. The camera seems top notch, but I've yet to take any low light pics. Also, my initial impression of battery life is not so good, but that may have something to do with the constant use it received since it was put on my desk today, LOL. :D

I am going to drive to Morgantown and beat you!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I preordered one of those the first day you could, and I may get one next week... :mad: :mad: :mad:

They do make cool stuff though huh... :D
and their laptops feel as solid as the iphone and ipad... :D

and their laptops feel as solid as the iphone and ipad... :D

LOL, I also have a helluva laptop with the Dell M6500 Workstation, despite being big and heavy with a brick for a power supply. :fart

I've tried the smaller more portable versions but they couldn't keep up to the constant multi-tasking. I think I would want to test drive a MacBook before jumping all the way to Apple. :eek:

LOL, I also have a helluva laptop with the Dell M6500 Workstation, despite being big and heavy with a brick for a power supply. :fart

I've tried the smaller more portable versions but they couldn't keep up to the constant multi-tasking. I think I would want to test drive a MacBook before jumping all the way to Apple. :eek:

There was once a time when I used PCs...

it was before I needed real music software...
and machines that wouldn't constantly crash while running it...

I use my macbook pro for everything, you may remember at Carlisle I used it to block the wind while Mrs. Driller and Amanda were trying to light Sharon's cake... :D

When you look at the case of my laptop it's all full of dents and scratches from being "well used"... and for a machine that's maybe 4 years old now... it still runs faster 1/4 mile times then almost all the new PCs out there... :D even if it looks like it was dragged down the track... lol

My wife just got an iPhone 3GS today for $50 + two year plan. (there was a catch...see below)

Beat that!

You'll never get a Mac JP. Those are for artists, musicians, small business folks, etc. An analogy: there are some who don't like 300 hp cars; it is for those people that Apple...er...Toyota Pruis' are made.;)

As for me, I'll never touch an Apple as long as Steve Jobs is up there doing his Bill Gates from the 80's impersonation. Bill is bad enough, but at least he doesn't fake being an honest businessman.

I've got a great example. My wife got the old bait and switch tonight at the store. She was promised that an iPhone 3G was available for $50 plus plan if she just when down there and picked it up. Turns out there never were any 3G phones there. Since she pre-paid, they even threatened a $35 restocking fee if she backed out. She called customer support and threatened to call the police, since the store broke the law. Customer support gave her a 3GS phone for what she already paid.

Steve Jobs and Apple will not get my business for a long, long time.

My wife just got an iPhone 3GS today for $50 + two year plan. (there was a catch...see below)

Beat that!

You'll never get a Mac JP. Those are for artists, musicians, small business folks, etc. An analogy: there are some who don't like 300 hp cars; it is for those people that Apple...er...Toyota Pruis' are made.;)

As for me, I'll never touch an Apple as long as Steve Jobs is up there doing his Bill Gates from the 80's impersonation. Bill is bad enough, but at least he doesn't fake being an honest businessman.

I've got a great example. My wife got the old bait and switch tonight at the store. She was promised that an iPhone 3G was available for $50 plus plan if she just when down there and picked it up. Turns out there never were any 3G phones there. Since she pre-paid, they even threatened a $35 restocking fee if she backed out. She called customer support and threatened to call the police, since the store broke the law. Customer support gave her a 3GS phone for what she already paid.

Steve Jobs and Apple will not get my business for a long, long time.

Was that at an Apple store, or an AT&T store... cause that sounds like the kind of BS stuff that AT&T pulls all the time...

I waited in line for almost 4 hours Thursday to get my iPhone 4 and I had it reserved. It was well worth the wait and no reception problems. I bought the Apple bumper for it and i read somewhere that helps with the reception problem. I didn't buy it for that reason, but supposedly that helps.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/24...or-issue-alleviated-by-use-of-bumper-or-case/
Yeah, it seems that when you touch the two pieces with your skin, it in effect grounds out the antenna or something. I, too plan on jumping ship to an iPhone 4, but partly for work reasons. If and when I do, I want to see if the Ghost Armor shops also put a covering over that part of the antennas. However....far be it from Apple to leave that flaw in there to sell more phone "bumpers." :p

Batt life is slightly better than my 3G but nothing to rave about. It is however superior to most other touch screen phones. Mine drops calls like crazy, so i'll be getting the bumpers.

Back