No Heat

ggfrank21

Registered
I just bought a 98 Mark VIII Lsc. the A/C works fine but I don’t get heat. The heater core is connected, the fan blows, and will change to desired vents but it only blows cold air. HEEELLLLP in Dallas, I need heat it was cold last night, it droped to 62 :)

I assume the previous owner KNEW it had no heat and didn't tell you! An expensive repair normally, I don't know the disclosure laws in TX but you may have recourse if it's a dealer.

I did to the little test of flipping the gray controlee arm it is the Blend Door. Now I know what everyone was talking about (Blend Door), I just thought I was out of the loop like TEXTING TALK, OMG BFF lol blend door! l..I plan on fixing it myself and go ahead and change the heater cooer while I’ve got the dash removed. I did the heater core on the 94 and 2 mustangs. Anybody have pics or diagrams or the unit or a/c box removed

Just FYI. I'm working on a revised blend door write up. You DO NOT have to remove the dash so ichsnea the heater core idea. :)

i'v replaces several heater coors and if you have to remove the dash to get to the blend door it only adds 2 more seconds and $45 to change the coor. i dont want to remove the dash twice but if you have a way of removing the blend door with out dash removal im all game.

Dash removal is not necessary.....I believe Jamie has the repair instructions for the blend door without dash removal somewhere in here......

Will the instructions start with: step1, attach cherry picker to intake and hoist engine out of compartment , step 2 ,cut hole in fire wall to gain access to A/C box :)~

Will the instructions start with: step1, attach cherry picker to intake and hoist engine out of compartment , step 2 ,cut hole in fire wall to gain access to A/C box :)~

LMAO!

I did not have the time or space to do it myself, cost $400 to have it done for me.

They actually have you go through the passenger-side wheel well with a sawzall, instead...

You just skip a ton of steps in the write up. I used Jamie's instructions a month ago...took me 1 1/2 and I used hand tools. The only part of the dash that comes out is the bezel around the stereo so you can remove the console. You don't even have to unbolt the steering column, radio, or message center....none of that.

Yah I’ve been looking and the only instructions I find are to remove the dash. I would love to see how to do it the easiest and shortest way. What is the most common part that breaks is it the arm, can I replace or fix the arm or replace the motor and all. Basically what part should I get before I start the repair?

I think Jesse is having a little fun with us... I've done this job a bunch of time, and it's always a remove center console, remove dash kinda situation... :rolleyes:

I used Jamies instructions to replace my blend door motor. I removed the center console, radio, and message center to get at the top left bolts of the blend door motor. You do not remove the dash completely from the car, but you do pull it away from the fire wall.

Back